Saturday, August 3, 2013

Haven or Hive?

While sitting outside drinking coffee and having a quiet morning, I listened to the red cardinal chirp.  Another sound came buzzing by my ear, a whirling sound that made me think a helicopter might land on my head.  It was that of a bee. 

While shooing it away, I started questioning what it wanted with me.  What did I have that attracted this insect?

It wasn't my perfume because there wasn't any and there was no honey on the table.  But let me describe a picture that might be the draw.  It's my curly hair in the morning, pre shower.  It looks more like a well woven nest than locks of curls.  Could it be this little honeybee was looking for a hive?

This caused me to think.  How's my attraction?  Am I a haven for the world pointing them to Christ, a safe place from the cares of this world or an artificial hive offering nothing?  As a Christ Follower, we are either attracting or repelling others to our Lord.   2 Corinthians 2:14-16 says, "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him.  For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.  To one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life."

Lord, today may I be the fragrance this world needs to draw them to You.  May I attract others to You by being a sweet aroma and pointing them to You as a haven away from the perishing hive this world offers.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtfully written, ... should all strive to be a sweet fragrance. :)

    ReplyDelete